Zipp’s 303 S Tubeless Disc Brake wheelset provides today’s cyclists the versatility they demand with the speed they crave. Expanding greatly on its heritage of conquering the Spring Classics, this 303 wheelset maintains its ideal-for-every-terrain 45mm rim depth but adds a significantly wider internal width to provide greater performance and ride quality in almost every measurable way.
The 303 S is among our lightest wheelsets, optimized for top aero performance with a 28mm tyre but capable of handling gravel tyres up to 50mm wide. The 303 S borrows design concepts from the higher-level 303 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset to gain speed through increased efficiency. That is achieved by creating a wheel with reduced: Wind resistance, rolling resistance, rider fatigue, and weight.
The key innovation is in the 303 S Series’ rim design. Its 45mm rim depth is the same as its predecessor, the 302 Disc brake. But its rim width is 2mm wider, at 27mm, and its tyre bed is a full 7mm wider, at 23mm. That rim platform is designed to be the fastest with a 28mm tyre. The wide rim optimizes tyre profile to allow lower tyre pressure. That helps to reduce rolling resistance and provides a more compliant ride. The result of all this is a 10 percent watt savings vs. a top peer wheel in total power required to ride 40kph on a smooth flat road with a 28mm tyre, according to internal Zipp testing.
This groundbreaking wheelset also features all-new cosmetics, setting the rider apart from the pack, and comes at an attractive price and each wheel includes: Tubeless rim tape, Tubeless valve & Center lock lock-ring.
The model year 2021 and later Zipp 303 S disc-brake wheels are compatible with tubeless or tubeless-ready tyres, unless the tyre manufacturer specifically prohibits the use of their products on tubeless hookless (straight side) rims. Minimum compatible tyre width is 700 x 25C.
Zipp encourages consumers to confirm compatibility with the tyre manufacturer before installing other tubeless or tubeless-ready tyres on Zipp’s new 303 S disc-brake wheelsets. Zipp compatibility information can be found here on the SRAM Support pages.
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed.
- Fastest with 28mm, fits wide gravel tyres as well.
- Weight Total: 1,525g - Front: 710g Rear: 815g
- 76 / 176 DB hubs with Center locking interface.
- XDR driver body option.
- Wide rims optimize tire profile to allow lower tyre pressure, especially with tubeless. The result is a larger contact patch for increase grip for confident cornering, descending, and handling in wet conditions.
- Lower tyre pressures and larger volume provides a compliant ride with fewer vibrations.
- Significant watt savings when running larger tyres at lower pressure.
- Wide hookless rims create a seamless transition to the tyre, reducing drag.
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
Others Also Bought
More From This Category